*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I bought my Samsung LE32A456C LCD in February 2009 and to date

I bought my Samsung LE32A456C LCD in February 2009 and to date have used it as a TV only with a great picture. My Panasonic has broken so I now need to connect it to my Humax HDR-2000T/1TB/WD bought in May this year.
Having connected them up only the stand-by button works on the Humax remote so I cannot get into the set-up etc on the Humax
With the Panasonic the Humax only worked using the "HDMI" setting on the TV found using a button on the top of the TV. I cannot find this facility on the Samsung TV or via its remote.
Sorry I am so thick but can you help please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.

Hi, my name is***** will assist you. The Samsung has a similar button labeled input or source. It is in the side of the display panel near the power and volume buttons and also on the remote. Let me know if you have trouble finding it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Randy

Whilst waiting for your response, I located the Samsung manual on one of their websites (I was not supplied with one with the TV) which identified the "source" button at the side as well as on the remote. I fiddled with it but got no "HDMI" setting. By chance I pressed the Humax remote on a setting which initially had the time and then said that the channel was either scrambled or not available. Lo and behold the Humax remote became. fully active and I have now been able to set up the recorder.

Whilst I managed by pure luck to solve the problem myself, it is only reasonable that I should pay for your time and effort. Thank you.

John