Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I've a SAMSUNG - Series 4 UE32EH4000 32 inch TV, till last

I've a SAMSUNG - Series 4 UE32EH4000 32 inch TV, till last night it was working fine, we switched it off and today it's not turning on, I've checked the power cable and re-inserted it as well but no luck, the power socket is working fine as we know from plugging in other stuff so the issue seems to be with tv only, no light comes on in the tv when we turn the switch on, it just remains dead, doesn't respond to remote as well. Can you suggest what could be the possible cause of it? and how can we go about fixing this issue?
Thank you very much in advance!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
TV symptoms mentioned in question indicates failure of power supply board in TV, sorry for this news.
Replacement of power supply board in TV will help to resolve the issue, part number of power board is BN44-00492A that can be used to search/ google for price and stock info to order it and local TV repairman will swap it in TV if you are not comfortable doing it yourself.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your prompt response, should I let the repair guy check first before ordering the board? because it'll be wasted if he diagnoses another issue, right. Also in your opinion how much this job should cost, just asking for a rough estimate.

Syed

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Syed,
yes, let the repair guy check the standby volts output on power supply board and if 5V DC isn't available then swap the power board.
If standby 5V DC available then we are looking at bad main board of TV (where all the input jacks are located) which isn't sending power On command to power board and swapping the main board will resolve the problem.
Since no power indicator light lit on TV that is why I diagnosed power supply board failure.
I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Shahid.