*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a BT Youview box and need a code for the remote to work

Customer Question

I have a BT Youview box and need a code for the remote to work Samsung Smart TV UE48H6240AK
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.

Hi John,

My name is***** will assist you.
The Samsung code is 4483.

1. Hold down both the TV and TV AV buttons for at least three seconds until the blue light flashes three times.
  2. Release the buttons and enter the four-digit code for your Samsung TV(4483). If the code works, the blue light will flash another three times
  3. Point your remote at your TV and hold the TV button until your TV turns off. This can take a while as your remote will try different codes for your brand of TV (the blue light will blink briefly each time it tries a new code)
  4. When your TV turns off, release the button, then test your remote by pressing TV to turn your TV back on, then Vol +, Vol - and TV AV
  5. If everything's okay, press OK to confirm. The blue light will flash again and your remote will be programmed for your TV
  6. If it didn't work, start again from Step 1.
  7. To reset your remote, hold down the AD button ,DELETE SUB and BT PLAYER buttons at the same time until the blue light flashes three times
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry but the code you gave did not work, went to another site (free) and managed to get 32 codes for Samsung Tv's. The above information I already had with my YouView box.

I was doing my best to help you, it is unfair for you to give me a bad service rating. I could lose my job because of this, I am a working person who has a family to provide for. Please consider this when you are rating me. You should reply and communicate instead of rating me bad. I would appreciate a positive review as this reflects my service to you. JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

The rating reflects my service, you never have to pay until you are completely satisfied. You do not have to rate me bad to avoid paying, you do not even have to leave a rating unless you are dissatisfied or if you want to leave a positive rating. JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and you are not required to pay for something that did not help. Please remember I did my best to help under the circumstances, we value you as a customer and also want you to be satisfied.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have upgraded your rating but sorry would not use the service again.