Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung UE46D8000 tv and up until Tuesday last week

Customer Question

I have a Samsung UE46D8000 tv and up until Tuesday last week everything was working well. On Tuesday evening my HD free view channels were coming up with the weak or no signal message so I have retuned my tv several times and all of the HD channels have now disappeared. I have checked the Crystal Palace transmitter website and there are no reported issue. I have tried the plug & play function on the menu settings too.
Any ideas ?
Thanks,
Dean
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Wads there any storm in area that might caused this problem in TV?
- Is the aerial plugged directly in TV or any freeview box connected to the TV for local broadcasting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shahid,

there was some strong wind on Tuesday but I have checked with the property agents but nobody else has reported the problem and as this is a communal ariel I am sure others would have reported the problem.

The ariel is plugged directly into the TV as the freeview is in built.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Dean for the info.
Is there another TV available to verify the aerial signal?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately I only have one tv in the house.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, there are two possible things for this problem, either the aerial signal is weak due to broken RF pin or cable etc OR the tuner in TV has got internal failure and causing the problem.
Please try to get a small TV from any friend to check the aerial signal strength and if other TV works fine with same aerial that means the tuner in TV has failed and main board of TV will need to be replaced to resolve the problem.
Alternate solution is to connect set-top box to video input of TV and plug the aerial in set top box which would have own tuner inside, select correct source in TV to get set top box video/audio signals in TV to keep watching local broadcasting, this alternate way won't cost good money or need to take the TV in local repair shop.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome Dean.
Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.