Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Our new Linsar TV seems to have got stuck on standby. It does

Our new Linsar TV seems to have got stuck on standby. It does not respond at all to the remote, comes on with the Linsar screen, goes off after 5 seconds, the screen seems lighter but still blank and then goes black; this keeps repeating - and only way to stop it is by unplugging the whole TV
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of your TV in question?
- How old is the TV and was there any storm in area that might caused this problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

28L ED980S

2 weeks old

it's been raining all day but the other TV in the house is fine

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
Mostly this kind of problem occurs due to internal failure of main processor chip (lightning strike could be a reason) which controls all the functions of TV and due to internal failure, it boot up, resets because of internal issue, shuts off and boot up again and this process goes on.
Main processor chip is mounted on main board where the all input jacks are located and entire main board of TV will be replaced which will help to resolve the issue, since TV is new so hopefully it would still be under warranty so please call the store to get it replaced and if TV is out of warranty then main board replacement would cost around 90 to 110 Pounds from local TV repair shop.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.