Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hi I have a panasonic tv model SC-HTX5, I cant get sound from

I have a panasonic tv model SC-HTX5, I cant get sound from the surround sound speakers in the base unit, I also can't get sound when I play DVD's or CD's, in fact there is no power light to the unit.
Is it repairable if so where is best to take it in the Poole area. Also what is the fault most likely to be.
David Mellor
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you tried to unplug power cord of SC-HTX5 sound system from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset it, replug and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shalid

Tried that, no difference, still no power light, I also checked that the fuse in the plug is ok which it is

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks David for the info.
Unfortunately it seems the sound system has got internal failure and it would be either power supply or main processor chip failure which needs handy person to troubleshoot and replace bad board to resolve the problem.
This kind of repair would cost good money like 100 plus Pounds and you may please contact following repair shop which will help to have repair quote or check next link for other repair shops in area...
http://parkstonetvcentre.co.uk/
http://www.yell.com/s/video+player+repairs-poole-dorset.html
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this sound system repair or invest that money on new replacement unit and I would recommend to go for new sound system that would have latest sound technology for current video devices. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.