Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454
Electronics

Have recently purchased a Zennox D6618/9 Music Centre specifically

to encode audio casette tapes... Show More
to encode audio casette tapes into mp3 format - for eventual iTunes destination on my Apple Mac.
Having followed the Zennox user`s instructions for encoding, using an 8GB SD/MMC card for a test recording, I would be grateful for your guidance.
Please take me step by step through the Mac procedure to follow so my audio tape test music finds its way to iTunes and eventually to my Apple tablet.
Would be most grateful if you could help.
Roger.
Category: Electronics
Show Less
adamd-mod, Customer Service
replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Adam - Thanks for responding. Would be good if someone is able to help - there is no particular hurry.

Equipment purchased through Daily Telegraph Shop - whose advertising for this product ....(D6618: ZENNOX RECORDABLE MMUSIC CENTRE)

includes......" integratedUSB connection and PC software allows you to record and store....your tapes and albums .....to your PC so you can play them on your MP3 player".NB No separate software included in package.

Have been verbally advised will take equipment back and refund cost if

can prove product does not relate to Apple iMac system. If so, your report would assist in such eventuality.

Grateful - RBB

adamd-mod, Customer Service replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Rusty, Engineer
replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. I see the problem... The unit plays music from a memory card, but won't record to it. Furthermore, the USB will not connect to a Mac, again it's made for PC. You're not out of luck, I have another way, and the software is free.
You will need a 3.5mm cable from the headphone out, to a 3.5mm stereo, and plug it into your computer's microphone input. That is the connection you will use to record the songs to your computer, and we'll now turn them into MP3.
Here's the software you will need:
http://wavepad.en.softonic.com/mac/download
Install Wavepad for Mac. Open the program. Play a tape on your player, and hit the record button in Wavepad. Adjust the volume on your player so that the top and bottom of the waveform do not touch the very top or bottom of the window. Get as close as you can without going over. Once you get good levels, stop the recording, press the delete key, rewind the tape and start over. Record the entire side of the tape.
Now to save to .mp3:
Left click and drag to highlight one song. Right click, and select SAVE SELECTED REGION AS. Under where you name the song, switch it from .wav to .mp3. Select the folder you wish to save to, and hit the save button. Repeat for all songs on that side of the tape.
Let me know if you have any questions. It's simple once you've done it once or twice.