Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Hi, I have an Epson Stylus SX200 printer/scanner/copier

I have an Epson Stylus SX200 printer/scanner/copier which has always worked perfectly well until it ran out of ink. I bought the correct Epson multi pack cartridges and put them all in. All 4 have pierced the film so all are clicked properly into place. The problem is, when I now try to copy or print anything, the machine makes all the right noises that it is working but the paper is coming out completely blank!! Why???? Please can you help?
Tamzen
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Pete :

Hi Tamzen,

Pete :

Was the printer used frequently, or was it left unused for a period before you put new cartridges into it?

Customer: Hi,
Pete : Hi Tamzen!
Pete : Was the printer used frequently, or was it left unused for a period before you put new cartridges into it?
Customer:

Hi Pete,

Customer:

Hi Pete, for the third time!!!!! Whenever I try to go down a line, it just jumps into the box above! I've tried 3 times to answer you now! Yes the printer was left unused for maybe a month at a time between uses. Could the old ink have dried up somewhere? I haven't wanted to mess around with it yet!!

Pete :

Yes, it is likely that there is some dried ink in it if the new cartridges are not working

Pete :

Remove the cartridges and inspect for any dry ink around the printhead.

Pete :

You can clean it using a cotton bud soaked in alcohol.