Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

on switchon reads welcome to kobo as though it was an initial

on switchon reads welcome to kobo as though it was an initial setup this after purchase of new books and asks me to do an initial setup but does not respond to this
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 2 years ago.

Hello Edmund! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this a new kindle? Or was it working previously?

What's the model of your kobo?

Make sure the kobo is charged. Can you press & hold the power on/off button on the for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on, then let me know what happens when you connect the kobo to your wi-fi/wireless network name.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

asks for a password ***** then quotes as incorrect

1. Is it asking for a Wi-Fi/wireless password? Or another kind of password?

2. What is the brand/model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

3. Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

desk computer windows7

1. Is the kobo asking for a Wi-Fi/wireless password? Or another kind of password?

2. What is the brand/model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device (usually given to you by your internet service provider)?

3. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so that I can retrieve your Internet modem Wi-Fi/wireless password ***** through your computer together with you, then you can enter it on the kobo?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry im no expert can say it is a virginmedia set up kobo reads network 'virginmedia3783771' requires password tried this told incorrect password

That's okay. The kobo is asking for your wireless password, but it looks like you do not remember it. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so that I can retrieve your Internet modem Wi-Fi/wireless password ***** through your computer together with you, then you can enter it on the kobo?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can do

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ca8805f3-4c0f-4d61-8c1a-bc392b9999c2

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you

Thank you; please click on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/m3rbuef

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run when prompted at the bottom.

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my security program is blocking you despite my giving ok

Working on issue. Thank you,

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much for your patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did reply at the time to confirm service restored and thank you for your help and service. once again thanks for your most expert help and trust you can now close the case

ed keogh