Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

i purchased a 43 inch plasma PS43F4900 3D on 30th sept last

Customer Question

i purchased a 43 inch plasma PS43F4900 3D on 30th sept last year from Currys.
The port for HD ON THE SIDE OF TV ISNT WORKING.i CANT GET CHANNELS BY USING A SCART LEAD,BUT NO H,D, ,, CAN YOU HELP PLEASE
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you tried to unplug cable/ satellite box and TV power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i have done this several times, as did the virgin engineer

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Alan for the info.
It seems the HDMI processor chip isn't working thus no HDMI input is working,
processor chip is mounted on main board that need to be replaced which will help to resolve the problem.
Required main board is available at following link (please check the part number off of main board in TV)..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAIN-AV-BOARD-FOR-SAMSUNG-PS43F4900-43-PLASMA-TV-BN41-01963B-BN94-06230D-/301358096156?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item462a579f1c
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.