Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic SA-PT870 surround system. After playing

I have a Panasonic SA-PT870 surround system. After playing a DVD recently the display now shows Locked and I can't eject the disc and none of the remote control functions work. How do I unlock?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Sorry for delayed reply.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you tried following procedure that might help..
At POWER ON condition, press and hold down the STOP button and the POWER button on the main unit for at least three seconds?
OR
At POWER ON condition, press and hold down the PLAY button and the POWER button on the main unit for at least three seconds?
Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried bth of the above but neither unlocks the system The DVD is playing which I am unable to stop either. The only way I can switch between DVD and TV functions is to turn the system off and on again so that it goes back to TV

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Jayne,
Above are only two options to unlock the player and make sure you are pressing both buttons on player (not on its remote control).
If problem still doesn't resolve then I'm afraid it would be hardware issue as the EEPROM chip on main processor board has got internal failure thus it has set on permanent lock command, at this point the main board of player will need to be replaced which could be costly repair and need to send the player in nearest Panasonic repair facility.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Just to add, try to hold down both buttons more than 5 seconds, player should show Unlocked in display.