dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Customer Service
Experience:  Electronics expert.
71208907

I have a Panasonic DMR-BWT700 recorder that will no longer

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic DMR-BWT700 recorder that will no longer play Blue-ray discs or write to blank discs. A window says the disc is scratched or damaged when I know it is not. Is this repairable? If not, what recorder is on the market that will at least equal all the features of the DMR-BWT700. I am not interested in WiFi etc
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

Customer:

If you are getting this error but you know for a fact that the discs are not damaged, the optical reader on the player is damaged or dirty.

Customer:

You could try to use a cleaning disc.

Customer:

Or I can recommend another player you had mentioned.

Customer:

This is a great unit with very similar features

Customer:

The cleaning disc may work, just depending on how damaged the optics are.

Customer:

I hope I was able to help you today.
If you are satisfied with my answer, rating my answer with positive feedback with the smiley faces below would be greatly appreciated.
If you do have any additional questions please do feel free to post them here.
Thank you for using Just Answer! Have a Great Day!

JACUSTOMER-e51dkvu0- :

I have been told that the Hama Blue-Ray laser ckleaning disc is not suitable for slot loading drives. Is this correct?

JACUSTOMER-e51dkvu0- :

I have been told that the Hama Blue-Ray laser ckleaning disc is not suitable for slot loading drives. Is this correct? Please specify a Panasonic recorder as my tv is Panasonic

JACUSTOMER-e51dkvu0- :

I have been advised that the Hama Blu-Ray laser cleaning disc is not suitable for slot loading drives. Is this correct? Please recommend a Panasonic recorder as my tv is Panasonic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I actually haven't seen any issues with that on the Hama disc, but in case you are worried here is another disc that has some reviews regarding slot loading players.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006LLR99W/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=479289247&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B007196MXM&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=10PBFNHEPYEK6M685C17