Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

18in. TV worked fine down South Bucks but moved to Cheshire

Customer Question

18in. TV worked fine down South Bucks but moved to Cheshire and all I get is
[Weak or NO Signal]????
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Pete :

Hi there!

Pete :

Since you are in a different area, which is covered by a different transmitter mast, you will need to retune the TV to pick up the signals from that transmitter.

Pete :

Go through the auto-tune function on your TV's menu and let it re-tune the TV automatically.

Pete :

When it tunes in to the new TV signals in the Cheshire area, you will see your TV channels again :)

JACUSTOMER-vezwoxjs- :

Sorry but it does not want to know, keep loading channels on auto tuning with no results what ever, so ready to bin it!!!

Pete :

Have you tested the main aerial with another TV?

Pete :

(just in case the aerial or coax cable has been damaged)

Pete :

Or, you could try re-tuning it using a smaller indoor antenna, then connect it to the main aerial again.

JACUSTOMER-vezwoxjs- :

As I mentionned at the outset , I trayed it on the main lounge TV connections and results were negative.

Pete :

I understand, but have you confirmed that the main lounge TV connection is good? (does another TV work ok on the same connection?)

JACUSTOMER-vezwoxjs- :

The lounge TV is our main vewing set which is working perfect.

Pete :

Ok, great

Pete :

Can you let me know the make and model number of the TV you are trying to re-tune?

Pete :

Also, what menu option you are selecting to retune it?

JACUSTOMER-vezwoxjs- :

Model: UE 19D4003BW / TypeNo. UE19D4003 /AC 220/240-50Z 35W /Made In Hungary

JACUSTOMER-vezwoxjs- :

Auto tune up with no results.

Pete :

This TV model has both analogue and digital tuners.

Pete :

You will need to ensure you are re-tuning the digital channels, since analogue TV signals are no longer broadcast in the UK.

Pete :

Also, ensure the Antenna source is set to 'Air'.

JACUSTOMER-vezwoxjs- :
Hi Peter

Thanks for traying to help but no results so far, I trayed it all myself, I had TVs since the first Black & White came out!!!
JACUSTOMER-vezwoxjs- :
Hi Peter

Pete :

Ok, if you have tried tuning correctly and the antenna is good, but the TV is not picking up any signals, then the built-in digital tuner is suspect.

Pete :

You can try testing the TV at a different location, or have a tv technician test it.

Pete :

I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a moment to leave a high rating for my service on this page :)

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi John!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Do you need any further assistance?

Let me know,

Pete.