Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hi I have a Samsung LE32A556P1F TVs that has switched off during

Hi I have a Samsung LE32A556P1F TVs that has switched off during viewing, no standby light is showing, I have changed the power supply cable for another one which is from a working to - can you suggest anything else to try please.
Gary
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello Gary, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Do you have multimeter and can check volts inside TV if trying to repair it yourself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I do, would just need to know what to check.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Gary for the info.
Please remove the back cover of TV and get me the part number off of power supply board in TV which will help to assist you for volt check.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has various numbers but the largest one is - BN44-00208A, is this correct ?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the part number info, BN44-00208A is correct number, working on your answer and get back to you in 10 minutes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, please check following link to view the power supply board image, check the black connector at lower right of board in the image and find 5.3V marking to check the volts on that pins.
http://assets.shopjimmy.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/f8f28dc4a19c21aeb55ee5774693fb5d/s/j/sjbn4400208a.jpg
Do you get 5.3V DC output whilst TV power cord is plugged in wall socket?
If not then replace the power board in TV, search/ google it with the part number to get better price info to order it.
And if volts appear then we are looking at defective main board of TV were the main processor chip has stopped working for some reason/ internal failure and need to get the part number off of main board to get identical replacement main board and replace it in TV which will help to resolve the problem.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.