Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

Hi There. I had a software update last night and now my phone

Hi There.
I had a software update last night and now my phone will not start up, it is stuck at the Samsung logo at boot up. It is an S4.
Any suggestions?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

This issue appears when software on your phone is corrupted. There are two solutions for this kind of issue, one of them can be performed online.
It's hard reset. Performing a hard reset will DELETE ALL DATA and reset the phone back to the state before you turned on the phone for the first time. Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your SD memory card, such as music or photos.
Will that be OK?
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's a bugger, I have a lot saved on the phone and not the SD card.

Bad habits I suppose.

If that is the only option I better do that.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Duncan

Hi Duncan,
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, the second solution "software flash" will also delete all data from your phone.
If your contacts are synced with your Google account, none of your contacts will be lost. After reset you will have to register your phone with the same Google account (use new password) and all contacts will be transferred automatically (if synced).
To perform factory/hard reset please follow those steps:
1. Turn the power off. Remove and replace battery.
2. Press and Hold the Volume Up, Home and Power button.
3. When the start up screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset"
5. Select "wipe data/factory reset"
6. Select "Yes -- delete all user data"
* Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.
7. Select "reboot system now"
* Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
Please note that this solution require some practice.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.
If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Todd

I have done as you suggested, you are right it took a little practice, but I am stuck at the same place.

Maybe I am being impatient and it is taking longer than I thought, I got all the way down to item 7 on the list.

The LED light in the top left is pulsing blue now which it didn't before and I had sound as it started to boot up as I didn't before (as I disabled it) so it started off quite promising.

Duncan

Thanks for additional information Duncan.
Please try the hard reset procedure one more time. If that doesn't help the only way to fix this issue will be to "re-flash" the software. Unfortunately, that procedure you will not be able to perform by yourself. You will have to contact your seller/provider or Samsung directly at 0330 SAMSUNG (726 7864) to arrange repair.
If you are not satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record (very damaging for me).
You can use the link below to request refund - click here
Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Todd

It's not looking good.

Just tried the factory reset and reboot system, very briefly below the android and in tiny text it said error.

So it looks like it is going to be a re-flash.

Many thanks for your help.

Duncan

You're welcome Duncan. I'm very sorry because we did not solve your problem.
To request a refund, please click the following link: click here
Thanks for using our service.
Best Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not a problem, great service. Thanks Todd.

You're welcome Duncan. I'm glad if I cloud help.
All the best,
Todd