Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

I cannot turn on my Sony Tablet, are you able to help?

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

First of all sorry for the late response. I just logged in and found your question on the questions list.
What is the model of your Sony Tab?
When did you purchase your Tab?
Can you confirm that your Tab did not get wet or physically damaged?
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Todd

It is the first Sony Tablet that was issued and I don't remember when I purchased it - sorry.

It has not been wet or physically damaged but it now has a number block which I done remember the number that I have to enter.

Vivienne

Hi Vivienne,
Thank you for your reply.
The only way to unlock your Tab (if there is a pin/number lock) will be to reset your Tab.
This procedure will delete lock from your Tab, but also all data stored on internal memory.
For resetting process I need to know model of Tab, because every Tab have different procedure for reset.
Please try this and let me know if there is any changes. Turn off your Tab. Press and hold Volume Up and Power button at the same time. When you see the Sony logo release the Power On button but continue to press the Volume Up button. You should be prompted with recovery menu. Let me know the result please.
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will have to find the details and send them to you. This may take awhile for me to find the Tablet number.

Vivienne

No problem, take your time.
In meantime, you can try the procedure I have provided you with in my previous answer. I'll be waiting for your reply.
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried what you suggested but it did not work.

The model is: SGPT114GB/S

Vivienne

Thank you Vivienne. Your Tab model is Sony S.
If previous solution doesn't work please try this troubleshooting step. Turn off your Tab. Press and hold Volume UP, Volume Down and Power button at the same time. When you see the Sony logo release all buttons. Android system recovery screen should appear. Here is a screen shot of recovery screen -
Let me know the result please.
Thanks,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok I will do that - give me a few minutes

No rush, take your time.
I'll be online waiting for your reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did managed to do it once but chose the wrong selection. I have been trying to do it again but it keeps logging on with the key tab. I think I will have to leave it for awhile now and do it again.

The trick is to avoid lock on the screen entering the recovery menu. These two procedure should do that.
Here is a step by step instruction:
1. Turn off your Tab.
2A. Press and hold Volume UP and Power button at the same time
2B. Press and hold Volume UP, Volume DOWN and Power button at the same time.
3. When you see the Sony logo release all buttons. Wait until recovery menu appears.
4. When recovery menu appear, use Volume buttons to select "Reset to factory settings". Confirm using Power button.
5. On the next screen select "Yes --- delete all data". Confirm using Power button.
6. Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.
Take you time, try both procedures again and let me know if that works.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd