Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Kodak esp 5250 Error code 3527 checked for jam at back of

Kodak esp 5250
Error code 3527 checked for jam at back of printer nil
Opened to check ink cartridges but carriage won't move to allow access.
In trouble shooting guide suggests press home button but nothing happens
Please advise
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unable to move printer carriage at all
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How old is it? Can you try it with the machine on instead? Can you move it manually with it on?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Approx one year old
Printer carriage still stuck at extreme left side even with power on unable to move it
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Is it over or under a year old? If it is over a year old at all did you happen to get an extended warranty with it? Look at the carriage on the left and look at the bottom underneath it with a flashlight, is anything caught there?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No extended warranty
Checked all over with torch no sign of anything caught
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Normally I would not recommend this but since you are out of warranty pull hard on the carriage rather than gently. The reason I do not normally recommend this is you can sometimes damage the encoder strip by doing this. However right now you would have to replace the carriage assembly which the strip is part of and the print head sits inside of. So if you damage it you most likely were going to have to replace it anyway.

It is the plastic strip attached to the back of the carriage itself. Once you do get it towards you look inside again behind it in case anything was jammed on that side. If when you turn it back on the same thing happens I really hate to tell you this but you would need to replace the carriage assembly which normally costs around £75.

Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still no progress I think I have broken it so will need to get a replacement printer.
Any advice would be useful.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
II would be happy to help you find a replacement. Do you have a preference on brand? Do you have a price range?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am happy with Kodak because I find it is good for photos and economical with inks.
Budget £50-100
Is this possible ?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Personally I would recommend against Kodak as they have a lot of problems like the one you have right now. But if you are happy with them you can get one for £90 here: Click Here If you are willing to try another brand I would suggest the Epson Workforce series as they are a lot more reliable and use better parts, I would not suggest any other series of Epson though. This one is the same price as the Kodak and as you can see from the reviews is a lot more reliable: Click Here If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.