dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Customer Service
Experience:  Electronics expert.
71208907

I have a Panasonic Blue-ray Disc Recorder (DMR-BWT720) and

I have a Panasonic Blue-ray Disc Recorder (DMR-BWT720) and I wish to download recorded items from its internal hard drive to an external Hard Drive connected to the USB outlet.
I have in mind a WD 4TB Elements Desktop Hard Drive with USB 3.0 - would this be suitable and, if not, can you recommend an alternative product which would be more suitable for this purpose?
Many thanks, *****
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.
dresteve2000 :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

dresteve2000 :

David - I think you are on the right track with the WD Elements Desktop Hard Drive - it would be perfectly suitable for you what you are wanting to do.

dresteve2000 :

It has support for both USB 2.0 and 3.0 - your recorder uses USB 2.0 - so it would work perfectly fine.

dresteve2000 :

Please let me know if you have some additional questions regarding this, and I would be happy to answer them.

dresteve2000 :

Otherwise, please do rate my answer with the smiley faces below, I would greatly appreciate it.

Customer:

Many thanks for quick and efficient reply