*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Hi , I have SONY TV, Model number(###) ###-####which I bought some

Hi ,
I have SONY TV, Model number(###) ###-####which I bought some 5-6 years ago.
Yesterday it stopped working. I try to switch on the TV but it does not switch on.
There is constant red blinking on switch on logo sign in front side of the TV.
I tried and checked all electrical connections and they seemed to be ok
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.

Hi, my name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that happened. The Sony will blink a code to let you know the issue. Follow these steps please, disconnect the power cord, then press the power button on the tv for 20 seconds. Then reconnect the power cord and press the power button for 30 seconds. If it does not power on normally, watch the red l.e.d on the front panel and let me know the number of blinks. For example it will blink one, two, three, four, five times, then pause and blink the same number between each pause.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is blinking 5 times before pause

Okay, thank you.
The five blinks is a usually code for the C Board. Five blinks - AKB circuit (automatic kine bias), the timer/standby indicator blinks for about 30 seconds then goes to the self-diagnosis function. Something is wrong with the video. Check video out, Q705, 732, 761 and other components on the C board, also check Q218, 219, 220 on the A board. The Sony can be repaired, the cost of the part
is usually around £40.00.
The labor and testing should also be around £50.00
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok.

Where can I repair the TV? I don't think I can do anything on this.

I am staying in Bournemouth(BH9 2NR), can you suggest the nearest and SONY approved repair shop/?

I don't know of one that is close to your location there. Here is a link that will help you locate the nearest repair center. >PLEASE CLICK HERE<