Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Our Sony Bravia TV keeps switching off as soon as we switch

Our Sony Bravia TV keeps switching off as soon as we switch it on. The on/off button flashes 8 times with 3 second breaks.
We have never had this before.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of your Sony TV?
- How old is it and how long it have had the problem?
These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi - the model is a BRAVIA lcd digital colour ref KDL-46WE5

Regards Dave

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Dave for the info.
8 times flashing power light indicates Audio Error and possible cause is either sound output chip ins't getting working volts from power supply board or the chip itself has got internal failure which is mounted on main processor board.
Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check?
If it doesn't help then it needs further troubleshooting with multimeter to check audio volts on power supply board to determine what board need to be replaced. If you are not comfortable working on this TV yourself then local TV repairman will do this work for you and it may cost around 100 to 120 Pounds.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.