Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I purchased a Samsung 5.1CH Blu-Ray Home Entertainment System

Customer Question

I purchased a Samsung 5.1CH Blu-Ray Home Entertainment System in August 2013. The system no longer plays Blu-Ray/DVD discs although the speakers seem to be working normally. I tried playing a CD but that did not work either. Some distortion appeared on the screen prior to it failing. Any suggestions to solve the problem? I tried holding the stop button in for 5 seconds with no success. If the player cannot be sorted out, is it possible to link another Blu-Ray player through the non functioning player to use the surround sound speakers? Thank you - ***** *****
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of Samsung sound system in question?
This info will help to answer the question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model is HT-F5500/HT-f5530/HT-F5550 (not sure which one)

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jim for the info.
Have you tried to update firmware of unit?
If not yet, please check following Samsung support link and download the firmware upgrade file along with upgrade guide pdf file which contains detailed instructions for it..
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/HT-F5500/EN
If upgrade doesn't help and unit still doesn't play disc then I'm afraid it would be laser block failure and replacement would cost more money than buy a stand alone bluray player that can be hooked in HDMI IN port of HT-F5500 system to keep getting surround sound and picture on TV.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.