*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My Blu- Ray DVD player BD-D8500M is stuck on HELLO on front

My Blu- Ray DVD player BD-D8500M is stuck on HELLO on front panel when powered on.
Tried turning off and power off and pressing stop button for 20 secs on the front panel to no avail.Expensive purchase please help.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Try this please, remove the power cord for 5 minutes. Then while the power cord is removed press and hold the power button on the front of the player for 30 seconds. Then reconnect the power cord and press the power button for 10 seconds.
Please let me know if this does not work for you and we will continue working on your issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My machine does not have an actual power button.Did what you said and pressed on front panel area where power light normally is shown but goes off when power is disconnected .Still have same problem.
Have to go out for a couple of hours.Look forward to an update on my return.
David
okay, no problem. Let me know when you return. Check and see if pressing the eject button will eject a disc or if the display changes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry out for longer than I thought I would be.When I load a disc into slot( I was wrong previously when I said it had a tray), it accepts the disc but the display does not change.Sometimes it will eject using the remote or light button on the front panel.Sometimes it will not and only way then to eject is to power off using the remote or on the panel and then press eject.The disc ejects and the machine powers back up to say Hello again.
David

okay, It sounds like the firmware may be glitched. Please follow the steps in this guide>>CLICK HERE<<

Click on this link for the firmware download>org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_UK&CttFileID=3865278&CDCttType=FM&ModelType=N&ModelName=BD-D8500M&VPath=FM/201307/20130701111654044/B-FIRHRDEUC.zip

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.Will try this-- might take me some time as not too good with these things!Notice on the instructions that after downloading onto flash drive and inserting into DVD that you have to select settings etc.At the moment with it stuck on HELLO you get a "no signal" message on the DVD source channel on the TV .I am assuming therefore that after inserting the flash drive I will not be able to follow the instructions on the TV screen?
David
yes, I am hoping that when the player detects the USB it will give you the menu settings option.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi ***** come back to you tomorrow with how I get on.
David
sounds good
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Actually managed to do this ,but as I feared cannot get to settings as still have a blank no signal tv screen when I put the USB in the DVD.DVD just stays as before on Hello.Know The DVD is connected to the TV ,as when I turn on the DVD the TV switches on.
David
okay, I am sorry to hear that. This means that the player will need to be serviced by Samsung technicians, however the fact that it is recognized by the tv and the eject functions are working means that it is not a major hardware failure. The firmware is most likely frozen or glitched.

The warranty period for Samsung Blu-ray players is 12 months.

The warranty referenced above is Samsung's manufacturer warranty: it applies within the UK to products manufactured by Samsung for sale in the UK. Your product may have additional warranties (such as those offered by retailers) that cover territories outside the UK and that cover longer periods of time.

For more information on your product's manufacturer warranty please click here. If your product has a separate warranty provided by a third-party, such as a retailer, you will need to contact that third-party for details of the warranty.

Cyber Service
.
.
.
.
.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
.
.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your efforts on this.Will arrange for a service.
David