Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hi i brought a pioneer 323k and a sherwood pm 9805 turntable

Hi i brought a pioneer 323k and a sherwood pm 9805 turntable together ! Cannot get the sound from recievers to speakers ,also turntable comes with an earth lead where is that connected to on the pioneer !
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Is it one single wire that came with turntable for earth connection?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes just one earth wire from turntable to receiver

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Michael,
Please find AM LOOP antenna terminals at rear of Pioneer receiver, you can connect the Sherwood earth wire in lower terminal of AM Loop antenna which is ground of receiver with 6 inch piece of wire as receiver doesn't have proper screw to tight the earth wire as it was available in old amplifiers.
Alternately, tight the Sherwood earth wire clip with any screw at back of Pioneer receiver as all the metal back with screws are earth/ ground of receiver and earth wire can be connected anywhere at rear of receiver and you would need a screw driver to loosen a screw then insert the earth wire clip and tight the screw, job is done.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes, thx , but still no sound from the turntable to the speakers

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
ah OK, I forgot toe address it, what input of Pioneer you plug the turntable RCA pins?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Analog audio out

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
I guess it would be Analog IN CD, red and white pins, is this correct?
Turntable RCA pins can't be connect directly in Pioneer receiver and you need to add one more device calls Phono preamp device, plug the turntable wires in that device input and connect the device output to Analog In CD jacks on Pioneer, then select the correct input (CD) in Pioneer to get turntable sound, please check following link to view phono preamp device and price info..
http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PP999-Phono-Turntable-Pre-Amp/dp/B00025742A
Regards,
Shahid.