Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hi, I have a Sony Twin Tape Deck TC D505 where both decks when

Hi, I have a Sony Twin Tape Deck TC D505 where both decks when either is asked to play a tape, just click a few times then go to sleep again. The cassette tape does not appear to get moved. Is it fixable?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
This kind of problem occurs mostly due to lose rubber belts in tape mechanism and replacement of belts would help to resolve the problem but it would be hard to obtain required belts as this unit is approx 21 years old.
Required belts part number is ***** follows..
###-##-####Belt FR Square &###-##-####Belt Flat Capstan for one tape deck and you need two set of belts to replace them on both tape decks.
Please check following link to download service manual copy of this unit if trying to repair it yourself and use above belts part numbers to search/ google it for price and stock info if available anywhere...
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/722224/Sony-Tc-D505.html
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.