Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

hi my screen went blank as battery needed charged plugged in

hi my screen went blank as battery needed charged plugged in to recharge after some time it is still not coming on the battery is only going blue less than a quarter its been charging for a few hours it is a galaxy tab 2
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
Sometimes your Tab can be unresponsive (won't charge, frozen etc.) and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.
Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Tab.
4. Test your Tab.
If that doesn't work, please try the procedure below:
1. Press and hold the Volume UP and Power button at the same time for exactly 15 seconds.
2. After 15 seconds, release the power button.
4. Test your Tab.
If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Tab into the charger for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold Power (slide and hold) button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Tab to reboot.
4. Test your Tab.
Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Photo of battery comes on screen then 1/4 of battery is blue that's as far as it goes
Hi Sylvia,
Thank you for your reply.
Battery (1/4 blue mark) icon means that battery charge level is very low. So, please put it on charge for 2 hours. If there is no hardware issue (bad battery or defective port) battery should be fully charged after 2 hours.
If that doesn't help please try next troubleshooting step.
1. Connect the USB cable to computer (do not connect your Tab).
2. Hold the Power button for 20 seconds.
3. After 20 seconds while still holding Power button, plug the other part of the USB cable in the Tab.
4. Leave the Tab for 2 minutes and try to turn it on (hold the Power button for exactly 45 seconds).
5. Test your Tab.
No rush, take your time. Your question will be open in the next 7 days.
Please try my suggestions and let me know the result. I'll be online waiting for your reply.
Have a nice day,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Todd

Thanks for all your help today I am now up and running again

cheers

sylvia

You're welcome Sylvia. I'm glad that I could help.
Don't worry your Tab is perfectly fine. That was a glitch in the software that prevented device to work properly (the same situation you have sometimes on your computer or cell phone).
Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information.
If you are satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.
Thanks for using our service.
Best Regards,
Todd