Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Samsung LE26B450 LCD TV will not turn on and another turns

Customer Question

Samsung LE26B450 LCD TV will not turn on and another turns on via the on/off switch after a few minutes but very hit or miss
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Does power indicator light turn On or flash when push power button on TV?
Thanks,.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

6 years, we had 4 , 2 are hardly used

TV 1 power light is red and will eventually after several attempts will turn on.

TV2 no poer light whatsoever DEAD, f

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Aidan for the info. I assume both TVs have same model number.
It seems power supply board failure in both TV, one that powers up after few tries has got bad capacitors or devalued resistors issue and swapping the power board in TV will help to resolve the problem.
Once that TV fixed, take out the new power supply board and install it in other TV which is dead to see if it turns On then can search and order another power board for other TV.
Required power board is available (used) at following ebay link (please get the part number off of power board in TV to compare) or search/ google it for better price and stock info to order it, if you are working on it yourself...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/samsung-le26b450c4h-power-supply-board-bn44-00259a-/321590355034?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_TV_Boards_Parts&hash=item4ae047645a
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,