Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

Hi my samsung tab will not connect to the internet although

Hi my samsung tab will not connect to the internet although the lap top will any ideas
thanks. den quayle
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working previously? Or is this the first time you are trying to connect the samsung tablet to the internet?

What's the brand/model of your internet/wireless modem/router device?

On the samsung tablet, go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, then tap on your wireless network name, and connect, then what happens? Is there any error or message?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it was working previously

running on bt home hub (fibre)

when switching to wi fi it switches itself off when its tapped

Have you tried this: press & hold the power on/off button on the tablet for about 20 seconds, then turn it back on, then see if you can connect to Wi-Fi again and check.

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes tried that still not connecting

Did you disconnect the power cord from your internet/wireless modem/router device for a couple of minutes, then reconnect and check?

So when you tap on your wireless network name, the tablet switches off?

Can you go to Settings -> Apps (Application manager), then switch from right to left a few times in order to go to the ALL option
, then scroll down, then tap on the app Google Services Framework, then clear data/cache, then connect to Wi-Fi again and check.

If it still does not work, we can reset the tablet, and check. Is there anything you need to keep on the tablet? Or do you have backup?

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will have to get back to you later as its the wifes tablet and i dont know what she wants to keep she wont be home till about 1900 tonight

OK, she can connect the tablet to the computer, then transfer things she needs, such as photos. Then go to Settings -> (Accounts, or Privacy, or General, etc.) -> Backup / reset / factory reset, and check. Run the backup there first, then do the factory reset.

Please get back to me later. Thank you.

Go to Settings -> (Accounts, or Privacy, or General, etc.) -> Backup / reset / factory reset, and check. Run the backup there first, then do the factory reset.

Please get back to me later if there is still any issue. Thank you.