Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have an HW-E450 connected to a Samsung LED TV (UE 40c5105QW)

Customer Question

I have an HW-E450 connected to a Samsung LED TV (UE 40c5105QW) via a Humax free Sat box. This has worked perfectly for just over one year but has just dropped out!
It appears to be a loss of power so I have checked power supply to the bar and all is ok (the woofer has power indicator showing ON) I have tried disconnecting all cables and reinstating but get nothing. IS there an internal fuse or trip which maybe causing the problem or could it be more serious than this?
Don Simpson
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Does power indicator light on TV front turn On or flash when plug TV power cord in wall socket and press power button on TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The TV is functioning ok the soundbar just suddenly stopped whilst watching TV last night

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
- Have you tried to unplug sound bar power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did this last night But have just unplugged and put into another socket outlet BUT I didnt6 wait 10 minutes!! I will do this NOW do you come back via Email or should I leave this connection open

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Please leave this page open and reply back with the result.
If this page closed down for some reason, please click on link in email notification that sent by JustAnswer.com to your email box to open this chat thread.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well that's a bit of a shame !! Just plugged in and nothing!! Tried with remote AND also manual switch on the end. NEXT!!

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Don for the info,
What type of connection wire used to connect sound bar to TV for sound signal?
Is it HDMI or Optical Cable or Audio cable (red-white pins)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not to sure! I used the cables that came with the bar and HDMI from Dish to Humax ( NO PINS)

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, on what input of sound bar and TV is connected through that cables?
Please ignore other cables run between Dish, sat box or any other device, just need to check back of sound bar for connect label where the wire plugs in and goes to TV and check the label there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will just go check so precise

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** help a lot.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

From Humax HDMI IN

From Sound bar to TV HDMI OUT

Did You receive this info

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

Yes, thanks for the info.

It seems ARC feature has turned Off in TV for some reason that cut out the sound signal to sound bar.
Please unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn it On and check sound.
If still no sound then check Anynet+ feature is enabled in TV menu.

Please reply back how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have done as you ask, but what I do not understand is why the power light has gone off just as if it has been unplugged?? Going to reinstate power now and will come back ASAP thanks for your so far

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Power light of sound bar went Off when unplug TV power cord?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NO! The power light went off last night which is why I thought it must be a power supply problem. I have done as you suggest checked the Anynet Plus and this says NO DEVICE CONNECTED.

I had wondered at the start of this IF there was an internal fuse or trip

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Shahid, I s that you finished?? Still nothing from Sound bar can you advise next step? like should I take it to a repair shop / return it to Amazon/ Dump it 9It is just over a year old!!!

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi Don,
Sorry for delayed reply, I was away from computer.
Yes, it seems power supply failure in sound bar and needs further troubleshooting inside sound bar to determine if it is fuse or regulator chip has gone bad, usually this type of electronic stuff isn't suppose to be repaired and a new sound bar would be your next option.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to BUT My problem has not been resolved and I now have to go elsewhere, I would however say that I do appreciate your advice BUT feel that you missed my question in the first instance and only reacted to this following my last response ie :- power light not on.

Don Simpson

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Don,
I had to ask few questions to understand the situation there as I can't see things from here and to make sure that problem isn't caused by anything else.
If you are not satisfied with the answer then I'll opt out to open the question to others on website and hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you further.
Please reply back if you need second opinion and do not rate my answer and leave it as it is.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I appreciate what you are saying and understand the way in which you have to work which must be quite difficult. I am sure you have gone thro the diagnosis carefully and you no doubt can see that I am a bit of a Techno phobe, I had however already done and double checked before all the actions you asked me to carry out, BUT it appears you have at least come to the same conclusion as me, so all I need to do now is find a technician or repair shop near me and ask them to look at it OR return to Amazon.

Thanks again

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Correct, hardware failure needs real hands on unit to check and replace bad part(s) and it can't be done over internet.
Thanks for your understanding.
Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.