Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I attemted to do an initial startup to a new sony bravoled

Customer Question

I attemted to do an initial startup to a new sony bravoled tv after completeing the procedure I had a message on the screne that saysprogrammes not stored this message I cannot get rid of how do I get back to the start to programme the tv
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of Sony TV?
This info will help to troubleshoot the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

w70b

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Colin for the reply,
Please provide complete model number info off of TV and what is connected to TV for TV channels?
Is it satellite box or aerial etc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

kdl 32w/705b

connectedby an aerial through a digital box

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, can you please check is the aerial plug into digital box and what type of cable/cord connected between TV and digital box or where it plugs into input of TV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if I plug the aerial into the box and use a scart lead from the box to the tv I can get all programmes less any hd progs

if I use the aerial to the tv I get the message programmes not stored

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if I use the aerial to the tv I get the message programmes not stored having reviewed your membership fees which I did not and do not want I intend to go no further with this query

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, so when you select scart input in TV, you get SD channels, nice.
Now if aerial plugs in TV then need to run auto program in TV so it can scan available air channels and save them in memory.
Please select TV as source in input list, press Home button on TV remote and check for channel option to run auto program (verbiage could be different in TV menu) so TV can scan available channels and let it finish to get all available channels in area.
Please reply back with the result.
You may please ignore the monthly offer from website and continue this question, if you have clicked that offer by mistake, I'll make sure to cancel it for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the input list does nt have tv in its list

it has hdmi 1 to 4 av1 av2 component and screen mirroring

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not yet had an awnser

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Colin,
What appears on list when push Input button on TV remote?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hdmi1 2 3 & 4 av1 av2 component and screen mirroring

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, if you press any channel or numeric button, does static snow appear on TV screen?
If so then press Home button to get channel/ setup option in menu list to proceed for auto program option.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no it is just a black screen

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, lets try to reset TV to default settings which should help to resolve any wrong settings issue, after reset TV should display initial setup screen as it is just out of box..
1. Turn on the TV.
2. Using the supplied remote, press and hold the UP arrow button.
3. While holding down the UP arrow button press the POWER button on the TV itself.
4. When the TV goes off, release the POWER button and the UP arrow button.
5. The TV will turn on by itself then the initial setup screen will be displayed. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the setup and you will get channel tuning option during this setup so plug the aerial directly in TV to get local broadcasting.
Please reply back how it goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

with the aerial plugged into the tv I can now receive all available channels however I cannot record using the tv remote neither can I use the digital box if however plug the aerial into the box the tv tells me that the aerial is not connected

qu. what do I need to do or aquire to enable the tv to record programmes using the record button on the remote

stop press

by using a second aerial cable connecting the tv and the box I now have the ability to watch prorammes on either or and record on my digital box

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Either you need two separate aerials, one for TV and other for digital box to get channels on both units or split the aerial into two to feed both the units so they can work. Each tuner needs aerial to get air signals.
Was the TV able to record the channels through digital box and what was the storage media for recording through TV?