Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hi There I have a Samsung 46 " Model 46A558P3F the problem

Customer Question

Hi There I have a Samsung 46 " Model 46A558P3F the problem is a light band around the edge of the screen which appeared some months ago it has not got worse
Thanks John Feehan
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please provide a picture of TV screen to view that light band around the edge of the screen?
It will help to diagnose the problem quickly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shahid, Here are three images a top right , top left and the bottom

edge of the screen . It been like it for about six months but has not changed or got worse Thanks John

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi John,
Thank you for pictures that helped a lot to understand the issue.
Unfortunately it is internal issue of display panel (the screen) and most probably the polarizer sheet has been deformed/ worn out for some reason and causing the problem, it is irreparable things, I'm afraid, the entire display panel will be replaced to resolve the problem and it would cost more than new TV price of same size if replacement panel still available with Samsung Parts so at this point you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending money and time on this one's repair.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Again Just wondered what were your prerence,s on other TV makes I was looking as I say at a Hitachi . My first flat screen was a Sharp unfortunately the shop has close down now but my friend in the shop said Sharp made their own panels and were very good but just wondered what your thoughts were regarding Samsung compared to

say LG, Sony, etc ;

Thanks John

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi John,
Samsung also make own display panels and there are few others in China made panels for different brands and panel failure issue happens to all brands, I mean panel of any brand can fail.
Samsung and Sony are very good brands, LG is also nice and provides high tech features in TV.
I would prefer Sony then Samsung then LG.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about new TV shopping. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.