Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hi, We have just bought a new Sony Bravia 50 inch led/3D TV. We ran the set up but it do

Customer Question

We have just bought a new Sony Bravia 50 inch led/3D TV.
We ran the set up but it does not find our satellite signal when it scans on auto set up. The satellite box is the only thing connected to the tv connected by an HDMI cable to one of the TV HDMI sockets. I know the satellite signal is ok as when I reconnected the old TV it worked perfectly. The cable connection is ok.
Can the HDMI satelite source be selected manually ?
The wireless connection works ok.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Sorry for delayed reply, I was away form computer.
Please press Input button on TV or its remote and select the HDMI input where the satellite HDMI cable is plugged in to get its picture on TV.
TV will scan air channels/ local broadcasting in auto setup and it needs aerial to be plugged in antenna port on TV.
If any other video source (satellite box, dvd player etc) is connected to HDMI or AV input of TV, it can be selected in input list by pressing input button on TV or its remote control.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.