michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I spilt drink over laptop now my key pad doesn't work

Customer Question

Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Customer:

since there has been a liquid spillage on the keypad, the first and foremots step is not to attempt to power on laptop

Customer:

turn it off and unplug ac adapter and battery

Customer:

any attempt to power on can cause further damage to internal components like the motherboard that may get short due to spillage

Customer:

now liquid spills are not covered under warranty and any damage caused due to the same is a chargeable sevrice as is the norm for all manufacturers worldwide

Customer:

i would suggest in such a case is to let the laptop dry for 24-48 hours

Customer:

if you are comfortable with disassembly of laptop, please take out the keypad and let it dry

Customer:

only after 48 hours should you attempt to power on.

Customer:

if the liquid has not penetrated to the motherboard, then the laptop should power up fine

Customer:

but if it had gone inside then the laptop will not power on even after 48 hrs indicating a hardware failure of the motherboard

Customer:

in such a case the laptop would need to be serviced for parts replacement

Customer:

let me know if you have any questions

Customer:

i hope you understand that in case of hardware fault or mechanical jam i can only suggest steps to rectify it but cannot make a bad part work again or clear an internal jam

let me know if you have any questions

please click on smiley face\stars to rate my service if you are satisfied with the information recieved

Thanks for choosing just answer