Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung HT-C460 Home Cinema System - the digital optical

I have a Samsung HT-C460 Home Cinema System - the digital optical connection in the back of the box is broken - the optical cable doesn't connect to it anymore - I think some of the parts have fallen into the machine itself. Can this be repaired / is it worth it or more cost effective to buy a new system altogether?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
I'm sorry you are having trouble with the sound system.
Optical In port is located on main amplifier board which needs to be replaced to resolve the problem.
This unit has analog RCA audio input as well that can be used to get external audio source sound output, however, replacement of amplifier board would cost good money if the required board still available with Samsung Parts so at this point ou would be better off with a new home theater system instead of spending money on this one's repair.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.