Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sky box but when putting on a DVD and trying to get

I have a Sky box but when putting on a DVD and trying to get back to the TV a box has appeared on the right hand side of my TV saying SKY and another box with an arrow pointing right with 1 in it (I guess that is because I have BBC one on). How can I get rid of it???
Mrs Jones
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of TV in question?
This info will help to troubleshoot the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All I can see on the front of the TV is

SONY HOMI - DV3 Digital - KDF E50A12U.

Hope that is of help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info, KDF-E50A12U is valid model number.
Do you get Sky picture on TV and on-screen display (another box with an arrow pointing right with 1 in it) doesn't disappear, is this correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes - the box is in the right hand side of the screen at the top. The picture is OK but when I highlight a programme I cannot see the write up because of the box covering it - it is really annoying!

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
Please press Info button (located below No 7 button on TV remote) to disappear that on-screen display, check below link to view image of TV remote where the info button is marked with red arrow..
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/ShahidSony/2011-09-24_105640_image-5.jpg
Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That is brilliant - thank you very much!

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome Mrs Jones, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.