Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a new Samsung M2825ND linked to a Mac running Yosemite.

I have a new Samsung M2825ND linked to a Mac running Yosemite. The printer worked fine for the first couple of days - then showed a constant red error light, and has now stopped printing.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What color is each light on the machine and are they steady on, off or blinking?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Blue light currently on steadily.

Red light - lowest one - also on steadily.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're update is only a coincidence the error you are getting would occur even if the machine was not connected to a computer at all and can be caused by a failing part, but hopefully that is not the case.

The first thing you would want to do is turn the machine off and unplug it. Then open the cover and close it again. Remove any paper and reload it into the tray. Then plug it in and turn it on. One of the reasons for this error is the cover being slightly open and the tray seeming to be empty.

Next after that if the same thing continues it means your imaging unit needs to be replaced. For now go into Samsung Easy Printer Manager and follow these:

Device Settings > System > Supplies Management > Imaging Unit Stop

Turning off this option and continuing to print (if it lets you) may damage the device’s system as the imaging unit does need to be replaced. Here are the steps for doing that: Click Here If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Apologies, I have to take a break, or give up on this. I have downloaded Easy Printer Manager for Mac - but it won't open. Need to take a break from this wasted time.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Take all the time you need, and when you want to continue just let me know what happens when you try to use Samsung Easy Printer Manager as I mentioned that would only be a temporary fix anyway. If you got that far I really hate to tell you this but your imaging unit needs to be replaced, Turning off this option with the manager and continuing to print (if it lets you) may damage the device’s system as the imaging unit does need to be replaced. Here are the steps for doing that: Click Here If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Finally managed to download Ssmsung Easy Printer Manager, which says 'Paper is empty in Tray 1'.(of the Samsung printer0.

I can see only one paper tray, which is not empty. Any further advice?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please remove and reload the paper in the tray the same way I gave you before.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sadly, same as before - error green for a few seconds, then turns red.

Find it hard to believe I need to renew imaging unit on a printer only a couple of weeks old - which was working fine.

Maybe we should give up on this one -

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
If it is only a few weeks old you should return it and exchange it for another as you should not have this problem with a new machine. Most places have a 30 day exchange policy after that you would normally have to go through Samsung. Which should warranty your machine for a year. For that you would need to call 0330 SAMSUNG (726 7864) and they will normally replace it under warranty. It is unlikely to be the imaging unit and is more likely the paper sensor on your machine since it is saying the tray is empty. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience