Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

tv showing no signal have completed following with no effect

Customer Question

tv showing no signal have completed following with no effect -
1.Re booted tivo box form plug source and also switched of tivo box
2. Placed tivo box resetting form stand by
3. Taken out and re attached HDMI cable
Any other ideas
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of TV in question?
- Have you tried to unplug TV and tivo box power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

unplugged for 10 minutes re started tv screen flickered several times saying tivo box was starting up now saying no signal

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
Is there another video source/ device such as DVD/ Bluray player available to connect it to HDMI input of TV to see if TV HDMI input works with it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no other device

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, apparently it seems tivo box internal failure as TV shows tivo logo screen, start up message as well then goes blank that mean no further video output from tivo box, you can confirm the TV by hooking another video source into HDMI input to make sure TV itself is OK.
At this point you need to swap tivo box which will help to resolve the problem as it seems tivo box internal hardware failure. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can see the "starting up screen" on tv but it keeps flicking on off

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
While having start up tivo flickering screen, press menu button on TV remote, does the menu graphics also flicker?
If not, then it is definitely tivo box internal failure and swapping the tivo box will help to resolve the problem.
And if TV menu graphics also flicker then wait few seconds till the tivo screen disappear and check again, if TV menu graphics still flicker then HDMI input port of TV seems defective and circuit board where the HDMI port is located will need to be replaced to resolve the issue.
I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.