michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have a Dell computer and have been trying to attach a Word

I have a Dell computer and have been trying to attach a Word document to an email. Normally, I just click on the document name and all is O.K. But now, when I click on the document name it comes up as file not found. However, I can still click on the name and open the document for amendment and re-filing etc.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
michelleclive :

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Customer:

OK thank you Michelle.

michelleclive :

let me know what email are you using

Customer:

gmail

michelleclive :

make sure the doc file is not opened in word

michelleclive :

open gmail and click on compose

Customer:

It is not opened in word. I have opened gmail and clicked on compose.

michelleclive :

click on the paperclip icon at the bottom and browse the folder where the file is saved and select the file and hit open

Customer:

I've done all that, and a message comes up that the file is not found.

michelleclive :

can i remote access and check the problem.

Customer:

yes please

michelleclive :

http://www.ammyy.com/en/

michelleclive :

click on the link as the page opens click on the green button to install ammyy admin

michelleclive :

and let me know the "your id" in ammyy window

Customer:

I clicked on this and was warned that the download contained possibly corrupting and dangerous stuff and that I shouldn't download it.

michelleclive :

it must be your computer antivirus program you must allow it to run i provide 100 of remote access using ammyy to our customers

michelleclive :

its absolutely safe

Customer:

ok

Customer:

Ive tried but it doesn't seem to work.

Customer:

It seems to have worked now. ID SueWilson

Customer:

It has come up with an error message: getaddrinfo ("SueWilson") error 11001, result = 0

Customer:

Are you still there?

Customer:

It has said my ID is 43 202 396 and IP 192.168.185

Customer:

Michelle, please tell me if you are still there.

Customer:

Please say something!

Customer:

What is going on?

michelleclive :

hi

michelleclive :

my internet died for few mins

Customer:

So what is happening now?

michelleclive :

i will be connecting via remote to check the problem let me launch ammyy

michelleclive :

my internet is having some issue with disconnection so please be patient in case of a connection drop

michelleclive :

i am connected now

Customer:

Michelle, the document I try to attach is CHRISTMAS CAROLS

michelleclive :

i am trying to attach a test file then i will attach the other one you are having problem with

michelleclive :

please bear with me the connection is very slow

Customer:

So if I have this problem with another file, I will try to do what you have done: re-file it as a word document under a different name.

michelleclive :

sir i have checked the file you are basically selecting the wrong folder and tying the file name all you have to do is go into mydocument folder and select the christmas carol file

michelleclive :

create an email you want to send i will select the file for you and i will show you how to do it

michelleclive :

do not type in the file name it will say file not found

Customer:

What am I doing wrong?

michelleclive :

i want to show you how to selet the file

Customer:

ok

michelleclive :

you must not use the bottom search box all you have to do is select the correct folder and then click on any of the file and hit the letter c as it will show all the files starting with letter c

michelleclive :

select the correct folder chrismascarol by double clicking on it and it will be selected

Customer:

Please show me

michelleclive :

shall i show how

Customer:

Yes please

michelleclive :

Problem fixed using remote access.

michelleclive :

is there anything else i may assist you with

Customer:

OK thank you very much Michelle. I'll get in touch with you if I need anything else. Thank you for your patience.

michelleclive :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and hit submit and then ok to close the rating system.

michelleclive :

michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.