Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Is it possible to transfer movies from a Sony DCR-SR58 HDD

Is it possible to transfer movies from a Sony DCR-SR58 HDD Camcorder to Panasonic DVD Recorder Model no DMR-EZ45VEBS. So far it does not seem to work despite following instructions
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- What type of connection setup from camcorder to DVD recorder you have tried?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The supplied cable from the camcorder which ends in 3 coloured jack plugs - red white and yellow which are plugged into the AV3 input terminal on the front of the recorder.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

OK, have you tried to select AV3 input in DVD recorder to get camcorder playback picture on TV?

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You were right. In the Panasonic DVD instructions it said select DV input ,which does not work. Also, on the input display there is no AV3 - only A3 - quite misleading when you are trying to follow exactly.

But now the record button is responding and when the DVD is fully recorded and I press finalise - only then will I know if it has really worked. And that won't be till tomorrow as it is getting late. So I reserve the right to come back to you if it has not worked! Thanks so far. Peter

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi Peter,
Please take your time and feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.