*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 had a Readers Hub, now they have removed

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 had a Readers Hub, now they have removed it from the Tab 3. I was able to read books of line, now I can only read on line. Is there a prog I can use to read of line.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** will assist you.
Yes, you can install Amazon Kindle from the Playstore. The Amazon Kindle has an on device option for reading your books.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not very happy with your answer. I have downloaded 'Kindle for Samsung' and I can only read whilst on line. Any other remedy.

Roy.

okay, this sounds like you will need to make the books available for offline reading> Open the Google Books app and find the Book that you would like to read offline. Then press and hold on the book's cover. Then choose 'Make available offline'. You can then choose other books to make available offline by press the thumbtacks beneath each book. Then press Done in the bottom-right corner. -
Open the Google Books app and find the Book that you would like to read offline. Then simply press and hold on the book's cover. Then choose 'Make available offline'. You can then choose other books to make available offline by press the thumbtacks beneath each book. Then press Done in the bottom-right corner. - See more at: http://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/tips/samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1-tablet/read-google-books-offline/#sthash.fWT9VbBc.dpuf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry there is no google books app on my tablet.

okay, where do you read the books from online?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I read them on Kindle or Google play books.

To read Google Play books when you're not connected to the Internet, you'll need to download them to your device.

To download books to read them offline>
  1. Make sure you’re connected to the Internet.
  2. Open the Google Play Books app.
  3. Touch the book you want to download.

Once the book has finished downloading to your device, you can read it anywhere even when you don't have an Internet connection.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** way I can prove this is to go out of my internet area and as it is 0100 hours I shall have to wait until day time and pray that this works, How can I contact you to let you know the answer?

.You can turn on your airplane mode and check it now if you like. The airplane mode turns off all of your internet connections. You can turn that on and off from your settings menu>

Enabling Airplane mode turns off data network features. It also turns off other connectivity features—such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

While in airplane mode, you can use other features of your tablet, such as reading books offline playing music, watching videos, or other applications.

To use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when Airplane mode is enabled, turn them on in Settings or on the Notifications panel. While in Airplane mode, the Airplane mode icon icon displays in the Status bar.

1. Press Home key and then touch Menu key > Settings > More settings.
  2. Touch the check box next to Airplane mode to enable or disable the option.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** you have cracked my problem, I am most grateful.

Cheers, ***** ***** now go to bed.

Roy

That's great!

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I rate your service, which I will do willingly.

Please choose one of the smileys below.
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience: I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.