Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I am struggling to connect my Samsung HW-F350 to my TV I have

I am struggling to connect my Samsung HW-F350 to my TV
I have bought an optical cable, as reviews suggested this was necessary but can't find where on my TV I'm supposed to connect it.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of your TV?
This info will help to assist you for connection setup.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The tv is FINLUX 22F6030S
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Diane for the info.
Your TV doesn't have Optical Out port to plug that cable, however, it has different type of digital audio out port calls SPDIF (Coax Audio) which looks like regular RCA jack with orange color.
Now the Samsung sound bar doesn't have SPDIF port to connect it to TV and has optical input and AUX input for analog sound.
You need to have a device calls "SPDIF to Optical converter device" which will get SPDIF signal from TV and will provide it on its Optical Out port and there you can plug the optical cable coming from sound bar to get TV sound.
Please check following link to view the device and price info (11 Pounds)...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro%C2%AE-Coax-Input-converter-Optical-Output/dp/B006RG2BHG/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1417802841&sr=1-3&keywords=spdif+to+optical+converter+device
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks very much for your help. The thing is, when I get device you recommend, can I come back to you again if I need help in connecting that or will I have to pay again?
I appreciate your help.
Diane
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Diane,
Question is open for you and may please post follow up question any time when needed even after rating the answer and I'll happily reply as soon as possible.
You won't need to pay again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks very much indeed.
I'll order the device, following the link you provided and then try again.
If I get stuck, I'll contact you again.
Thank you very much.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
No problem, please take your time and reply back how it goes.