Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

my nexus 7 is asking for a pin number. I have not use it for

my nexus 7 is asking for a pin number.
I have not use it for a while and when I tried to use it, it keeps asking for pin number in which I have no idea what pin number it wants because I have never put a pin number in
it myself.
could you please help.
thank you chris.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

The only way to unlock your Tab will be to perform procedure that will delete your PIN lock, but that procedure will delete internal memory data.
Will that be OK?
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes that's fine

Hi Christine,
Thank you for your reply.
To unlock your Tab please perform the procedure below:
1. Turn the Tablet off.
2. Press & hold the Volume Down button and Power button simultaneously until the tablet turns on. You'll see the word "Start" with an arrow drawn around it.
3. Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight Recovery mode.
4. Press the Power button to start Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark or just GOOGLE sign.
5. While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
6. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset," then press the Power button to select it.
7. Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data," then press the Power button to select it.
Please note that this procedure require some practice.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.
If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

had a go at your instructions and then it went off and now it won't come back at all.

Christine,
What is the step where did you get stuck?
Perform soft reset and be sure that your Tab is charged. Press and hold Power button for exactly 35 seconds. If that doesn't help perform force reset holding Power and Volume UP button for exactly 25 seconds.
Let me know the result. I'll be waiting for your reply.
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it's came back on but all i'am getting is the same page as before numbers to 1-9 for pin number plus time and date.

Is battery on your Tab fully charged?
Be sure that your have more than 70% of battery status and try procedure one more time.
What is the last step you performed before your Tab turns off?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I charged it fully before I tried to open it.

I press the button on the side and then it ask if I want to turn power off

and i press to say yes then it shuts itself down.

OK.
Let's try one more time.
Turn off your Tab (press Power button, select Turn off).
When done, press and hold Volume DOWN and Power button at the same time.
You should see this on the screen (check the picture below)

Let me know where you are done. I'll be waiting for your reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry nothing is happening on screen its blank now.

I will leave it for now and try again later with your instructions.

thank you for your help.

You're welcome. No problem, take your time and contact me when you are available.
Here is a video instruction of this procedure, please check it - click here
Please let me know if you need more info or help. I'll be happy to help with any follow up questions.
Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.