Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

printer very faint

Customer Question

printer very faint
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What model printer is this?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where do I see model

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
It is usually on the front of the printer.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

cant see uit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

C310

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Is it an HP, Kodak, or something else?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
no answer
very difficult
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Kodak I thought this was the Kodak site

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when I press reply to expert it goes back to waiting room

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
This is not Kodak this is a paid tech support site called JustAnswer I do work on Kodaks daily though. Do you still want to continue?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok, have you tried cleaning the machine yet?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do you clean it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have never cleaned it and have no idea how to

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But they are brand new cartridges!

so when you say clean the machine you mean clean the cartridges?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
No the cartridges and the inside of the machine the way I mentioned. New cartridges can get dirty from the inside of the machine so both need to be cleaned.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will try this later

Have I paid £27 or can I stop it?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
I have no control over billing and you can take all the time you need to try this. You can get back to me any time by going to justanswer.co.uk and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no difference at all. Shall I just buy a new printer?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
There is more we can try before that, do you know how to remove the print head? If not I will walk you through it.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No what is print head

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
The print head is part of the machine that the cartridges sit on top of inside the carriage. It is also what puts ink from the cartridges onto the page. Remove the ink and then lift the lever to release and remove the print head:

Image

Once remove soak the print head in warm water for 10 minutes. Repeat this every 10 minutes with fresh water until after 10 minutes the water is clear. Once it does let the print head dry for about 15 minutes and put it in the machine do not test it yet. Put the cartridges back in as well. Then do this on the control panel:

Press Home on the printer control panel.
Press the down arrow button until Maintenance is selected, then press OK.
Press the down arrow until Clean Printhead is selected, then press OK.

.