bluextc89
bluextc89, Repair & Installation
Experience:  7+ Years Small Business Owner - Certified Sales And Service of Electronic Items for Home and Vehicle.
22516588

I have no power to my Samsung TV and have changed fuse in

I have no power to my Samsung TV and have changed fuse in plug
Category: Electronics
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for stopping by:
What is the exact model number of the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

LE40B640T2WXXU

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that info.
Are there any signs of life at all when you attempt to turn on the TV?
Clicks, flashing leds etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No nothing at all

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, there is not an easy fix.
It would appear that the power supply board or the mains cable has failed.
If possible - disconnect the mains cable from the back of the TV (some do not plug into the rear of the TV, and using a digital multimeter - measure the voltage.
If it is correct - there is an issue with the power supply, as the TV is not getting ANY voltage to even turn on the standby light.
On some models, there is also a fuse directly attached to the power supply where it first comes in to the circuit - however accessing that would require disassembly of the TV, and best left to a professional.
If you have the ability and a multimeter handy, we can attempt to continue - otherwise, you'll need to have the TV serviced by a technician in your area.
You can expect to pay a nominal diagnostic fee from any technician - then you can decide weather it is economical to repair or replace the TV. Not being a Samsun Authorized repair center - you will have tremendous problems sourcing spares - this is why I suggest professional services.
If you have additional - Just Ask.
Thanks!