Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sony Bravia KDL46EX403 UK model purchased in May

I have a Sony Bravia KDL46EX403 UK model purchased in May 2010. Recently it has been losing chanels of the UK Freeview service from our 'relay' transmitter in Scarborough. Re tuning has not resolved the issue. A Sony-owner friend said his set required his postcode tobe entered to enable the tv to 'know' which transmitter service should be tuned? I cannot find this facility in the set up notes? Are you able to help please? Thank you. Richard Pullen.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you checked the aerial, its cable and pin that goes to antenna in of TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. Aerial on high roof and inaccessable to me, but patch lead to tv replaced...problem exists. A 'One for all'

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes but no solution. An indoor aerial improves the issue.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, is it possible to connect another TV at this aerial point to see if it works fine or scan same channels?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I could...tomorrow...its now 11.15 pm in the UK. However...my initial question was about whether my post code needed entering during the setup procedure, or indeed if that is possible with this model?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Richard,
Manual doesn't show any thing about entering post code in TV, however, if you reset the TV to default factory settings which will give you first time/ initial setup screen where you might get post code option so lets try it...
1. Turn on the TV.
2. Using the supplied remote, press and hold the UP arrow button.
3. While holding down the UP arrow button press the POWER button on the TV itself.
4. When the TV goes off, release the POWER button and the UP arrow button.
5. The TV will turn on by itself then the initial setup screen will be displayed. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the setup.
If TV doesn't give post code option or doesn't scan more channels then I would recommend to upgrade TV firmware (internal software) which will improve the TV performance and hopefully help to resolve less channels issue as well, please check following Sony support link to download latest firmware upgrade file and follow the instructions on Sony page for successful upgrade...
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kdlex-firmware-update-v4118eul/KDL-46EX403
Please reply back with the results.