Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I cannot connect my Panasonic home cinema sound to my new Samsung

I cannot connect my Panasonic home cinema sound to my new Samsung 55hu7200 TV .
Any ideas anyone ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of Panasonic home cinema sound system?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi , it's a Panasonic SA-XR50 system . Worked yesterday with my existing tv but when I connected to new Samsung TV it doesn't work . TV and cinema system connected by red and white audio cable .
Sound on new TV is working ok but when I change to "TV sound output" than "audio out" there is no sound .
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
John,
This TV doesn't have analog Audio Out jack to connect red and white audio cable, the set of RCA jacks at rear of TV is component/ composite video input and audio input only, it wont give audio out signal for external sound system.
In fact TV does have Digital Audio Out (Optical) at side panel where you can plug optical cable and hook it into optical-1 or optical-2 input at rear of Panasonic sound system, select that input in Panasonic then change the TV sound out in TV to Audio Out, Panasonic sound system should give TV sound.
Please check following link to view required optical audio cable for connection...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Optical-Cables/b?ie=UTF8&node=1098229031
Please reply back with the result. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.