Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a panasonic SA-BTT190 5.1 surround sound and it will

I have a panasonic SA-BTT190 5.1 surround sound and it will play dvd,s but not bluray discs,3d ones.it will play some bluray discs.some discs ive had a while it will not play.l have checked latest firmware and it appears to be up to date.l have use a laser cleaning disc and tried the bluray disc in my ps4 and they work fine.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is this home theater system and how long it have had the problem?
- Is it still under warranty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would say 2 to 3 years old and no its not under warranty.ive not used the disc drive in a while so dont really know.

its just recently I purchased 2 new discs

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
Does it play regular (2D) bluray disc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Only some not all. Not some ive played before.but they play ok on ps4 with no problems.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Roy for the info.
Unfortunately the symptoms indicate either the laser lens is dirty or it is failing laser block of bluray section as the laser block utilized in this unit has two sections, one of DVD and other for bluray due to different laser beams to read out respective disc data.
If you are comfortable taking off top cover of unit to clean the laser lens manually with cotton bud/ q-tip etc to see if it helps and if it doesn't then laser block will need to be replaced and this kind of repair would cost good money and unit needs to be take in Panasonic service center and alternate solution is to get new bluray player, connect its audio out to this Panasonic home theater system while watching the picture on TV, connection setup can be either HDMI (ARC capable) cable or digital optical cable, new bluray player would be available less than 100 Pounds with fresh warranty.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective laser block replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this system repair or invest that money on new replacement bluray player. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just tried a disc again and it come up can't play this disc because of compatability problems

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Was the same disc playback fine before in this player?
If so then it would be data reading error and processor chip declared it as wrong region or compatibility issue.
Have you tried to clean the laser lens in player manually?
If it doesn't help then I'm afraid the problem is failing bluray laser section and you would be better off with another bluray player to connect it to this sound system.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech