carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have a TM 1000D which I had not used for about 18months.

Customer Question

I have a TM 1000D which I had not used for about 18months. I set it up yesterday and it seemed to working fine, but during the evening, although it was not turned on, The display screen went blank, and after it seems a few attemps to come back on the screen stayed blank with just two faintly glimmering red neons at the bottom of the display
Help please
David Heading.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****,

I am happy to wait longer for an answer, I note I did not tell you the make of the satellite box it is Technomate.

regards

David Heading

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi David,
My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the receiver.
I am sorry but it sounds as if the power supply might have failed in the box or there is a software issue with the box. Have you tried unplugging the box from the wall for several minutes then trying the box again.
Could you let me know what happens if the box comes back to life. I have looked and firmware is available for the box so we could look at maybe upgrading the firmware to see if that fixes the issue
carlday1, Engineer
Experience: Self Employed Electronic Engineer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for help, I had a feeling it was the power supply, having experienced this type of problem before, however I will see if I can get it repaired cheaply, if not I will replace it.

Yours sincerely

David

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
HI David,
If you would like to send me your postcode I will see if I can suggest a repairer who my be able to help.
Regards,
Carl
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you WD3 4JB

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
HI,
I am a member of a trade forum and this engineer has an advert. I don't know if they will cover your area but it is the closest one listed to you.
TES
Tel: 01582 668352 or 01582 451451
Mobile: 07850 815539
Email:***@******.***
Repairs to all makes of Plasma, LCD, LED TV DVD, HIFI, PVR, DVR & Satellite Receivers
Installation of TV Aerials and Satellite Dish and Receivers to view FreeSat English & Foreign Channels
We supply and fit Wall Brackets for LCD, LED & Plasma TVs
We also supply Freeview, FreeSat, & SKY Digiboxes
Most repairs are carried out in your home where possible
and a loan TV or FreeSat Box.
Free Collection and Delivery.