*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

hi randy having trouble with my ereader want down load books

hi randy having trouble with my ereader want down load books and when it does, book 1 all pages have doubled up book 2 will only go as far as chapter 4, book 3 will not open at all, also it keeps coming up that wrong cord is being used (the cord i have been using since i have had my ereader. message is that it is locked or been corupted hope you can help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
What is the model of your ereader please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Kobo Glo

okay, thank you. Try this first please>

A basic reset will force your eReader to restart properly. In many cases, this is enough to restore your eReader to normal.

1. If possible, turn off your eReader.
  2. Locate the small hole on the bottom of your eReader.
  3. Unfold a paperclip and slide an end into the hole.
  4. Press gently until you feel a click.
    Your eReader should restart.
  5. If a basic reset and a factory reset don't work, you can try a manual factory reset to restore your eReader to its original settings. After a manual factory reset, you'll need to set up and sync your eReader again. Before you perform a manual factory reset, charge your eReader for at least four hours.

6. If possible, turn off your eReader.
    Note: If your eReader doesn't turn off, try holding the power button to the right until you see Powered off on your screen.
  7. Press and hold the light button.
  8. While holding the light button, slide the power button to the right several times to turn on your eReader.
  9. Continue holding the light button and wait until the power light blinks rapidly.
  10. Let go of the light button.
    You'll see a Restoring message on the screen.

Setting up your eReader after a factory reset

After you've performed a factory reset on your eReader, you'll need to set it up again.

1. Set up your eReader using Wi Fi or Kobo Desktop.
  2. Sync your library to restore any Kobo books you own.
  3. Reconfigure any settings you changed.
  4. Add any books or documents you previously added using Adobe Digital Editions, a Micro SD card, or drag-and-drop on your computer.
  5. .

.

.

.

.

.

Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance and we will continue working on your issue.
    Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
    Thank you very much!
    .
    .
    .
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience: I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

usb not reconized and also saysuse browser to download kobo desktop

okay, you can install the Kobo Desktop to your computer and then it will be recognized>PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE DOWNLOAD<
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I HAVE DOWNLOADED DESK TOP TO COMPUTER BUT STILL WONT RECOGNIZE IT, PLUS NOW I CANNOT GET TO MY LIBARY ON MY EREADER

okay, try this on your Kobo>
  1. Select Wireless.
  2. If the Wireless Status setting is Off, press the centre of the Navigation pad.
  3. The eReader will scan the area for any available wireless networks and list them.
    • A Known Network is a Wi Fi network that the eReader has successfully connected to before.
    • An Unknown Network is a Wi Fi network that the eReader has not connected to before.
    • If you see a lock icon next to a network name you will need a password to connect.
  4. Select the network you want to join.
  5. If the network is a Known Network, the eReader will join that network.
  6. If the network is an Unknown Network:
    1. Select Join Network.
    2. Enter the password ***** the virtual keyboard.
    3. Select Join Network.
    4. Your eReader will connect to the network.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Keeps coming up error, also my ereader will not let me go to my libary now. Do you think i need a new ereader.

The reset usually corrects those issues, however it should be working properly now. Did you try the factory restore?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the model of my Kobo Reader is Kobo Glo 0560 I dont know if this will help you any. I do not have a navigational pad on mine. thank you for all the effort you have put into helping, its not your fault that nothing works.

I will pay the $33 but I dont want a monthly account.