carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I cannot get my Samsung S4 Mini to connect to my computer to

Customer Question

I cannot get my Samsung S4 Mini to connect to my computer to download photos I get this message -This device cannot start. (Code 10)
The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

Please could you tell me what operating system you have?

Has the phone ever worked with the computer?

JACUSTOMER-x6r3y4cn- :

windows 8.1 this is the first time I have connected to this computer which is an asus all in 1 purchased 2 months ago!

Customer:

Have you downloaded the kies software for the phone from samsung?

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/

JACUSTOMER-x6r3y4cn- :

Yes but as far as I can tell Kies only loads from computer to phone!

Customer:

Are you able to access the phone in the kies software

JACUSTOMER-x6r3y4cn- :

Yes

Customer:

does the phone show up if you go to my computer?

JACUSTOMER-x6r3y4cn- :

No I just checked again

Customer:

OK when you are in the kies software and if you click on the photos on the left hand side of the screen do you see the photos on your phone?

JACUSTOMER-x6r3y4cn- :

No

Customer:

Sorry for all the questions I am working out the best course of action. What verison of kies do you have is it kies 3

JACUSTOMER-x6r3y4cn- :

I do not know but I only downloaded it two days ago

Customer:

there are two verisons of kies version 2.6 and version 3 you need version 3 for a s4 mini.

JACUSTOMER-x6r3y4cn- :

and what does this do?

Customer:

It is the same program samsung just have two versions depending on the phone you have if you have downloaded the wrong version that could be why nothing is working correctly.

Could you download kies 3 from

JACUSTOMER-x6r3y4cn- :

Ok I will try this and revert ok?

Customer:

Let me know how you get on

JACUSTOMER-x6r3y4cn- :

Ok will do! Thanks

JACUSTOMER-x6r3y4cn- :

I downloaded Kies 3 but could not get phone to connect I then tried to reload Kies as before but got an error message I will try and uninstall Kies and try Kies 3 again and revert

Customer:

ok sorry i should have suggested to uninstall first

JACUSTOMER-x6r3y4cn- :

I will try again and revert bye for now

JACUSTOMER-x6r3y4cn- :

I am now in more trouble than I was when I started I cannot download the old program for Kies I get - Error 1304 c:\windows\MAMCityDownload.ocx also Error 1603 Fata Error during installation Consult window install HELP (MSIchm or M8DN for more info I am somewhat out of my depth what can you advise?

Customer:

Hi would it be possible to arrange for me to remote into your computer and have a look at it for you.

You would need to download some software called teamviewer, I will be able to see you screen and i can control the computer and resolve the problem.