carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Hi. I have a Samsung soundshare system (model HW-F551). I have

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Samsung soundshare system (model HW-F551). I have misplaced the remote. Is there a way of connecting/linking the sound bar to the subwoofer without the remote control? Thank you
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

I am sorry but I do not think it is possible to connect the sub woofer to the amp with out pressing the mute button on the remote.

Do you have a samsung tv? If you do you may find that the samsung tv remote will power the sound bar.

If you have or know someone with a samsung galaxy S4 phone they have an infra red sensor built in and you are about to get apps to control items using the phone.

A replacement remote is available here

http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/remote-controls/remotes-by-brands-original/samsung-10/ah5902434a-remote-control-samsung-ah59-02434a-original-hwe551xu.htm

I hope this helps

JACUSTOMER-jjwuc9ph- : Thank you. Yes, the TV is also samsung which controls the soundboard volume. I just cannot link the sound bar to the subwoofer so it looks like I will have to order a replacement. Thank you again
Customer:

It may be worth looking on eBay to see if you can get a remote cheaper. I hope you get it sorted soon.